Landlord/Investment Property Insurance

Protect Rental Properties

Landlord/Investment Property Insurance is an insurance policy that covers a property owner from financial losses connected with rental property. The policy covers the building, with the option of insuring any contents that belong to the landlord that are inside.

This dwelling fire policy is similar to a homeowner's insurance policy. A person who owns a house and lives in that house would have a homeowner's insurance policy on the residence. A person who owns a house, but, rents it out to someone else would have a dwelling fire policy on the residence. Dwelling fire policies are slightly more expensive than a homeowner's policy because there is a renter, not the owner, living in the home.

Typical coverage includes protection from:
  • Fire or lightning
  • Aircraft
  • Volcanic eruption
  • Smoke
  • Vehicles owned by others
  • Riot or civil uprising
  • Hail or windstorm
  • Explosion

Additional Coverage

If the home or other structures are ever destroyed or damaged due to a covered loss, we will pay the cost to rebuild to policy limits.

  • Coverage For Other Structures
    The policy protects detached garages and sheds on your property against loss–at 10% of the overall dwelling coverage limit. Just like with the home, the loss that caused damage to the other structure must be one of the perils listed on the policy.
  • Personal Property Coverage
    This optional coverage helps protect the homeowner's personal property against damage caused by the named perils.
  • Fire Department Service Charge Coverage
    If the fire department needs to come to the home, the homeowner may be billed for the trip they make. Our policy pays for the charge, up to $500.
  • Reasonable Repair Coverage
    Sometimes, homeowners need to make immediate repairs to the home to guard against additional damage. For instance, you may need to cover your roof if a windstorm blows part of it away. Our policy reimburses policyholders for reasonable repair expenses incurred to protect your home against further damage.
  • Liability Coverage
    This coverage protects you should you be held liable for accidents that happen to other people while they are on the insured property or that are caused by your negligence when away from the insured property. It also includes coverage for wrongful eviction.

We have the experience and know-how to save you money while providing you with the maxim coverage you need to protect your rental property. Contact us today.

Landlord Insurance Contact Form

Have a question about landlord insurance? Fill out the form below and we will get back to you within 24 business hours.

Corrin Blogs Insurance

Always ahead of what’s going on in the insurance industry, Corrin Trowbridge makes insurance interesting and easy to read.

  • Earthquakes Happen!
  • Dogs Bite!
  • 10 Reasons You Need Renters Insurance
  • Getting More for Less With Cross Line Discounts!

  • Read about these and more!

Additional Coverage For Renters & Homeowners

Expanded Coverage With Umbrella Coverage

Or, be sure to read about Umbrella Coverage. With a Personal Umbrella policy, you'll have additional liability limits over and above those provided by your underlying policies. Your assets, as well as your future earnings, are covered.

Discounts and Savings

You can get discounts for improvements to your home; car and home insurance policyholders can save on both policies with built-in discounts for bundling insurance, and non-smokers can get a homeowner's insurance discount, too. Contact us to learn more.